FIP Hospital Pharmacy Section Webinar on The Use of Pictograms and Infographics to Support Medication Literacy and Medication Adherence
At the end of the session, the participant will be able to:
1. Understand the risks of limited health literacy on medication safety and medication adherence.
2. Discuss the evidence that supports the use of pictograms and infographics to provide medication instructions to patients.
3. Describe a method and best practices for the development and implementation of pictograms to support the communication of medication instructions to patient with limited health literacy.
B) Guest speaker #1
- Health literacy and demographics
- Risks of limited health literacy in the context of medicines use
- Tools to support medication literacy
C) Pharmaceutical pictograms – Dr Vaillancourt
- History and rational for the use of pharmaceutical pictograms : A quick overview of the literature
- Method and best practices for the development of pharmaceutical pictograms
- Examples of infographics used to provide patient counselling
- Lessons learnt
D) Guest speaker #2
- The use of pictograms to increase understanding of medication instructions in an elderly population in Singapore
E) Questions & discussion
Dr Annie Pouliot, PhD in Population Health and project coordinator at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Canada
Régis Vaillancourt, PharmD, Director of Pharmacy at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario and Pictogram officer for the FIP Foundation
Dr Raul Malhotra, Head of Research, Center for Ageing Research and Education in Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore
Date and time: Tuesday, 26 September 2017 at 13:00 CEST (Find your local time here)
Webinar is held in English.
FIP and its sections organise webinars regularly. The webinars are open to everyone free of charge. Join us!
Paikka ja aika
Alkaa 26.09.2017 klo 14:00
Loppuu 26.09.2017 klo 15:00